Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Beef: What's not for dinner

I have read a few articles in the past 2 weeks discussing how Americans overload on protein, especially red meats. Then, on Monday, the whopper was released:

Study: Too much red meat shortens life

I wonder how the Beef industry will respond to this study? The research was published in a respected peer reviewed journal: The Archives of Internal Medicine. And yes, pork (the other white meat) falls into the red meat category according to the docs.

Do you think the beef industry will create ads similar to the Corn Refiners Association? I no longer have TV (topic for a future post) but I managed to see this commercial somewhere and it made me stop and think....wow, consumers are forcing Corn Refiners into creating a marketing campaign.



Yet again, consumers show who has control of the purse and have have forced a shift in consumer trends and product development.

No comments:

Post a Comment